The Ph.D. program in Civil Engineering (specializing in Construction Engineering and Management) is open to outstanding applicants who have demonstrated excellence in their coursework and a capability for independent research. The focus of the doctoral work is on the student’s dissertation research, which must make a significant contribution to knowledge. Ongoing and recent research by Tishman Construction Management Program faculty and students is described on the Research Page of this website. All admitted Ph.D. students are offered a Fellowship and full financial support for the entire duration of their program.
Interested applicants should read the information on the CEE Ph.D. Programs page first, where you will find detailed information about the program, admission guidelines, the plan of study, and related coursework. For additional information, applicants can also visit the FAQ section of this website.
Application materials required for Ph.D. applications consist of the following:
- Completed application form (see website below)
- Application fee
- Statement of Purpose and Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts (Marksheets) from college or university that has awarded or will award degree
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- International Students only:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) scores (international students only).
Web applications, application forms, and other materials are available for Ph.D. admission from the Rackham School of Graduate Studies
For further information contact:
- CEE Student Services: cee-StudentServices@umich.edu 734-647-1082
- Professor Vineet R. Kamat, Professor and Program Advisor: email@example.com